Monday, February 20, 2012

The Birthday Bash

My sweet Schmoopsie (by the way, he is really loving that I am referring to him as "Schmoopsie" on my blog...tee hee hee) turned 29 on Friday!   Since this is the last year of his 20's, I decided we needed to have a proper celebration...so that is what we did.  Well, let's be honest...it wasn't "proper" but it certainly was a celebration!

Friday was a hectic day.  He worked all day long and got home in just enough time for the 4 of us to hop in the car and head to church where he was teaching in the youth ministry for the 5th and 6th graders.  The sweet leadership team of the 5th and 6th grade ministry sang him "Happy Birthday" and got him a couple books to add to our library!  He was exceptionally excited because one of the books he received was on his Wish List, and they didn't even know it!  (Thank you JP and team!)


His presents from The Edge team!
Teaching


So, Saturday was the day we celebrated the big 2-9 by having the fam over for dinner and dessert!  Of course now that I'm on Pinterest, a normal get-together is no longer sufficient so I had to add just a few decorations to keep things (p)interesting! =)


Happy Birthday banner!



Schmoopsie told me he wanted to do a "Hamburger Bar", so I went and bought every hamburger topping I could think of, this way, everyone could build their own burger.  Everyone loved it and the burgers sure were delicious!

The sign reads, "Mike's Hamburger Bar"

Some of the delicious toppings: Sauteed Mushrooms, Roasted Bell Peppers,  Lettuce and  Tomato

I made place-cards for every topping.  Here's an example of the Teriyake Marinade and Pineapple.
The Birthday Boy and our bro-in-law grillin' away!
If I haven't mentioned it before, my Mom-in-law is an INCREDIBLE cook/baker.  You name it, she can make...and make it well!  When she offered to bring something for the celebration, I knew exactly what my Schmoopsie would want...his favorite, German Chocolate Cake.

The delicious and incredible German Chocolate Cake my Mom-in-law made!

Our sweet ZuZu (she had changed into her jammies by this point in the evening) and my Mom -in-law.

I was dying to get to the point in the evening where we could give Schmoopsie his presents.  I have been saving for quite some time, and I just couldn't wait to give him his special surprise! I knew he was going to be completely shocked...and he was!  After he opened all of his cards/gifts my bro-in-law carried in his "big surprise"...

Surprised by this big present...

Opening in disbelief...

I did well! =)

He loves it!
We sang "Happy Birthday", grubbed down on some delicious cake, and then lounged around in our Post-Prandial Lethargy (otherwise known as, a food coma)!  A while after we had finished our cake, I looked around the room and noticed Schmoopsie was no where to be seen.  I grabbed my camera, crept upstairs, and found exactly what I expected...

Caught!  Ditching the party to set-up his new tv. =) 
Schmoopsie and Stevie (the tv)
We spent the rest of the evening talking and laughing into the night.  Schmoopsie told me, after everyone left, that he felt spoiled and loved (as we all should on our birthdays), and I felt like my mission was accomplished!  I love this man so much and am so proud and blessed to be his wife!  I can't wait to see what God has in store for him (and us) this next year.  It's been quite an adventure up until now and I don't expect this year to be any different.  My greatest wish and prayer for my husband is that he would continue to grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus this next year, and that he would be continually used for God's glory.

Happy birthday, my Love!  May your 29th year be your best yet!

A few more pictures from the night...

Everyone gathered around while he opened his gifts

One of our little beauties...I just LOVE this pic of our Love Bug!

Love Bug stole the camera and started snapping away!

Another picture by the Love Bug...and her uncle acting silly!

No comments:

Post a Comment