Friday, August 7, 2015

The New Season

Homeschool.  We never thought we'd be a homeschool family.  I never thought I'd be a homeschool mom.  But after a ton of prayer, conversations, and lots of things falling into place, we believe this is what God has for our family in this next season. 

Homeschooling has changed a lot over the last several years.  There's now so many options, resources, and different ways that each family can tailor their child's education.  We'll be a part of a charter school through which the girls will still "go to school" (take classes) two days a week.  This is the perfect fit for our family as it will allow me to continue in my job in my full capacity.

A few important things to note...I don't think homeschooling is for everyone.  God has given us, as parents, freedom both in his word and in our country to choose the educational path that is best for our kids and family.  Whether it be public, private or homeschool, I personally don't think one is better or worse than the other, it's simply a matter of what is a better fit for each individual family.  We have LOVED the private school we've been at for the last 4 years and making the decision to leave was not done without tears and heartache.  However, we also had peace as we stepped out in faith believing we are being obedient to what God has called our family to.

One other item to note...we don't plan on doing this forever.  In fact, I don't even know if we'll do this next year.  All we know is that this is what we are doing this year.  We're taking it one year at a time, just as we've done every year since our girls started in preschool.

This is big.  It's exciting.  It's nerve-wracking.  It's bittersweet.  It's completely new territory.  It's not at ALL what I thought or could have ever imagined that God had for us in this new season.  This is going to be a huge lifestyle change for us.  It's going to stretch me and push me to my limits at times.  It's going to stretch our girls and push them to their limits at times.  But I'm looking forward to the heart training that I'll be able to do more in depth and the time I'll be able to invest in my girls this year.  

So with a little bit of trepidation, excitement and a whole lot of faith, we step into this new adventure.  I trust God will give me everything I need to bring him glory in this new season.






No comments:

Post a Comment